Beckwiths wheel pit.

Originally located at Clucas's mine or Bell Hole in Foxdale, the forty foot wheel was disassembled and moved to Beckwihs mine in 1838 to pump from a small shaft a short distance up from the wheel.

Water became a problem in the dry season and sinking the shaft was frequently hindered.

The large bolts held the heavy timbers in place for the bearings.